Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hump Day Drive


Evening's settled in, and even though it's cool out tonight, I feel like getting out of computerville and going for a ride. Destination? Hmmm... I've been curious to see how Humboldt Park has been in the evening this summer. Some summers past, it's been a blast, but in recent summers it's been slow and boring. However, the neighborhood areas have been nice to cruise and get to know. But still thinking of two nights ago when I ran into Aldo, I just might return to Little Village for a drive around - in hopes that I run into him or someone like him again. Actually, I tried calling him yesterday and again today and his phone's been off. Maybe he's out of minutes, I don't know. The phone he has with his roommates in his house has been disconnected. Whatever, I hope to see him again soon. Oh, and Jose called again today during the afternoon while I was at work, but he didn't leave a message. Just can't imagine why he's so anxious to talk or see me. If I see him, I'll find out.
So, it was cool - nearly cold - out and hardly anybody on the streets. So I called Ricardo to see what he was up to. He was quick to go out for a ride. He's always worried about money - aren't we all - he bores me when he keeps talking about money. Spent about an hour together, got a good taste, and then I came home. He wasn't too exciting - but better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment